This is the story of my '64 Vespa 150 - how it became mine and how it has given me a new vespatude.  I'll be recording the neat places I visit, the different things I do to make the Vespa my own, and - oh yeah - those reactions I get from both friends and strangers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, April 24, 2006
Closer, getting closer!

I have found the issue. It was/is the switch. There were several connectors in the switch that were not touching when they were engaged. I was able to adjust the connector for the rear and brake lights. It is working consistently. I even had the main lamp working there for a bit. I went out to restart the bike and take a picture of the front lamp and it stopped working. It was too dark to try to fix it, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. There is even a chance that I blew the lamp.

Hey, but I'm a happy man! At least I now know exactly what the issue is!

Not only that but the bike is really running so much better. The front fork is much more smooth. The engine is great and starts up even better than before. Besides some of the continuing problems, things are better than they were before I started this latest work.

We'll see what tomorrow brings...


August 2005  
September 2005  
October 2005  
November 2005  
December 2005  
January 2006  
February 2006  
March 2006  
April 2006  
May 2006  
June 2006  
July 2006  
August 2006  
September 2006  
October 2006