Saturday, January 07, 2006
Another step backward...
The electrical upgrade arrived last week. Friday was COLD and darkness comes so fast it is hard to find time to work on something outside. I did look at some of the parts to see what I might need to purchase to put it all together.
In the process of doing it, I noticed that the stator and flywheel did not fit!
I couldn't believe it! On top of that, with all the adjustments and removal/reattachment of the stator, the threads that hold the stator to the case stripped. Now not only do I have a problem with the electrical system, I have to find a way to get the holes rethreaded.
Right now, I am so disgusted I am not even going to work on it any more today. Anything mechanical I can take. I can be patient when I can see the problem and make the changes necessary. When it comes to electrical stuff, it is VERY frustrating. I don't understanding how to fix something that is just a black box.
I'll get my patience back sometime soon. I am determined to get this thing running this year.